Friday, October 9, 2015

Ten For Tuesday Episode 082: This One Is For Carol Jannsen

Yes I know it's not Tuesday but I couldn't hold back any longer on this episode. If you are asking yourself who is Carol Janssen and why does she rate an episode dedicated to her well the answer is easy. Carol is a listener and sometimes guest host on the Stuck In The 80s podcast that I hold so dear in my heart. A few episodes back she wrote in explaining that she had been working a massive bunch of hours and wanted some suggestions for music to help her pick her energy level up on those rare occasions when work was finished. I might be paraphrasing here and adding my own details but I can do that, it's my blog. At any rate of course I was inspired to write a few song titles down but not enough to actually send them in. The more I thought about it though the more I felt the need to turn it into my own podcast episode so here we go. Nine slices of energy building 80s classics (and one from the late 70s) guaranteed to get your feet moving so long as you're not dead. Wow, did I use the word episode enough this time? Be forewarned, there's lots of ska here.



Madness - One Step Beyond
The English Beat - Ranking Full Stop
Romeo Void - Never Say Never
Fishbone - Party At Ground Zero
The Skids - Into The Valley
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
The Special AKA - Free Nelson Mandela
Oingo Boingo - Who Do You Want To Be
The Selector - On My Radio
Bad Manners - Lip Up Fatty

Ten For Tuesday is a podcast dedicated to playing the music I couldn't find anywhere else. The music I like varies from style to style, genre to genre and era to era. You will hear punk, ska, rock, Americana, metal, country, rockabilly and more from all over the world. It doesn't matter if it's a major label or indie as long as I like it then it gets played. The motto is Less Talk More Music which means you won't hear me waxing poetic for fifteen minutes between songs. At TFT its all about the music...and me of course.

Email: tenfortuesday@gmail.com
Twitter:@notmovingpics
Blog: www.notmovingpictures.blogspot.com

Old Episodes can be found by going to www.archive.org and searching for Ten For Tuesday

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

1 comment:

Carol Janssen said...

Thank you for the songs and sharing my story!! Great stuff
~Carol